Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ❝ ♛ :  ANATHEMA  (open)

Me too... well, if you add an "oons" at the end of that.

We should really not be having this kind of conversation in a brainstorm thread -.-
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    Yeah, we shouldn't. . .
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

NOTE: The think about the links I provided is that they are only a point of reference. If and when I release Anathema, there are certain changes I will be implementing. I only linked to the indexes as a means of showing you the type of game Anathema will be (i.e. vast-world, rich-lore). Please keep this in mind when reading through the indexes! (:

@ VICKI : The reason why I am reluctant and unlikely to accept mixed-characters is because, in the world of Terra, there are few opportunities where one race will agree to partner up with another race. The histories shared between and amongst the different races run extremely deep and, in nearly all situations, affect/influence their life choices. Of course, not everyone shares the biases of their collective, but I would say that those who don't are in the minority. Moreover, an elven/demonic offspring will be magically sterile amongst other things.

If you would like a more detailed explanation concerning the histories between each of the races, I am more than happy to provide the information.

@ ALEX :

1. All classes will have their strengths and weaknesses. But, having said that, not all of the characters will be equals.

2. Yes and no. Some will be able to hide their appearances, but most will not. In regards to your specific example with elves, the answer is no. With the exception of Faes (the dominant Elven sub-race), both the Night Elves and the Seraphims are distinctly different.

3. Technology varies from continent to continent. However, in general, there is no "modern" miracle. At best, most things are powered by steam and mechanics. The elfish nations are, however, powered by magic.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    No, it's understandable. ^_^
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

I see, that's pretty interesting. Thanks for all the answers. I hope I'm not pestering you or anything, but when one answer is given another question pops into my head.

1. If, by some chance, you don't accept mixed races and the RP lasts very long and - per complete chance - two people of different races become a couple and have a child. Would the second generation character be mixed or.... what? I know this is an extremely unlikely case but I'm just curious.

2. If there is steam machinery, can I presume that the races who have access to steam technology will also have access to steam weaponry (i.e.; guns.)? If so, will the guns be class specific? Will a balance be made to make sure gun-slingers won't be OP?

3. Are the races equal or are some better than others like the classes? Also, are some races better in some classes than others? (ex: An elf healer is better than a demon healer, but a demon elementalist is better than an elf elementalist)

4. Are mixed classes possible (ex: In Final Fantasy, the red mage is a mix of black mage, white mage and knight, but isn't as good in their field as either of those 3 classes?) I ask because I tend to be an indecisive prick when I choose classes in a game.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.